Launched in October 2018, the Likewise app is a fun, social and incredibly useful way for people to quickly discover, curate, and share recommendations on dining, travel, movies, TV shows, books, podcasts and more. Likewise helps people quickly find recommendations from their friends, family, and trusted sources. Imagined (and funded) by Bill Gates’ private office, Likewise is a true early-stage startup poised for high growth in 2019. Come be part of the fun!
Here's a link to a Geekwire article about us: https://bit.ly/2RuxBlx. And Built In Seattle named us one of Seattle’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2019! https://bit.ly/2VXup3o
With the Likewise app launched across multiple platforms, we have a lot of fun and creative work ahead of us.
You’re a user-centered, collaborative visual designer, passionate about your craft, with a portfolio that showcases your track record with typography, grid, and color theory.
You’ll be a key design contributor, helping to shape the visual system of the Likewise products, partnering with the leadership team on Likewise’s brand and identity, and working with Marketing to deliver engaging collateral that helps drive usage. As an early member of a growing team, you’ll have a broad fingerprint across our brand and product space, and have many opportunities to try new things and be creative.
This role reports to the Director of User Experience.
- Collaborate with the Design team to create a consistent design language across our products.
- Partner with the Director of User Experience on Likewise’s brand guidelines.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure designs are implementable, and that they become part of the product framework.
- Create detailed visual artifacts for: iOS, Android, web, and marketing.
- Partner with Marketing on landing pages, email designs, social media, and ads to run across multiple mobile networks (Facebook, Twitter, Mobile Ad Networks, Google UAC, etc.).
- A proven track record. Portfolio required at time of application.
- Exceptional typography, grid, color theory, and logo/icon required (experience with direct-response interactive marketing preferred).
- Proficiency in design tools, with the flexibility to work in whatever tool is needed for the task at hand: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, etc.
- Passionate collaborator, with the ability to partner on designs, both giving and receiving critique and direction.
- User-focused (experience with responding to and participating in experimentation/user research preferred).
- Deeply curious and eager to learn, with the goal to learn from others (just as we are eager to learn from you).
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
Located in downtown Bellevue, close to restaurants, shopping, parks and transit, we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package including stock options, health care where we pay 100% of employee premiums, 401(k) plan, commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a culture that’s team-based, open, casual and fun. If you’re looking for a rare opportunity to be a part of an innovative, exciting company and become a key member on our team, join us!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.