Senior Software Development Engineer
Launched in October 2018, the Likewise app is a fun, social and incredibly useful way for people to quickly discover, curate, and share recommendations on dining, travel, movies, TV shows, books, podcasts and more. Likewise helps people quickly find recommendations from their friends, family, and trusted sources. Imagined (and funded) by Bill Gates’ private office, Likewise is a true early-stage startup poised for high growth in 2019. Come be part of the fun!
Here's a link to a Geekwire article about us: https://bit.ly/2RuxBlx . And Built In Seattle named us one of Seattle’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2019! https://bit.ly/2VXup3o
With the Likewise app launched, we have a lot of fun and creative work ahead of us in developing a robust and data-rich set of tools for our users. We are committed to making Likewise platform ubiquitous and ML/AI at the core. You will play an instrumental role in this effort. Our stack: Angular, TypeScript, React Native, Node.js, and MongoDB. We’re a fast-paced, agile environment and a test-driven culture, which means we iterate constantly, and ship frequently!
- Design and develop features for Likewise across all platforms
- Deliver high-performance, resilient, scalable code
- Constantly improve and maintain the full engineering stack and provide first-class documentation
- Champion best practices for our growing development team and take a lead role in software design and architecture decisions
- 5+ years of development experience
- Mobile development experience preferred
- Experience with all of the following preferred: React Native, Node.js, MongoDB and Azure
- Big data experience preferred
- Experience as a developer in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Commitment to excellence in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software
Located in downtown Bellevue, close to restaurants, shopping, parks and transit, we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package including stock options, health care where we pay 100% of employee premiums, 401(k) plan, commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a culture that’s team-based, open, casual and fun. If you’re looking for a rare opportunity to be a part of an innovative, exciting company and become a key member on our team, join us!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.