Director of UX
Launched in October 2018, the Likewise app is a fun, social and incredibly useful way for people to quickly discover, curate, and share recommendations on dining, travel, movies, TV shows, books, podcasts and more. Likewise helps people quickly find recommendations from their friends, family, and trusted sources. Imagined (and funded) by Bill Gates’ private office, Likewise is a true early-stage startup poised for high growth in 2019. Come be part of the fun!
Here's a link to a Geekwire article about us: https://bit.ly/2RuxBlx . And Built In Seattle named us one of Seattle’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2019! https://bit.ly/2VXup3o
With the Likewise app launched, we have a lot of fun and creative work ahead of us in designing a world-class, compelling user experience that delivers the best recommendations on travel, media, restaurants and more. As Director of UX, you will own the overall UX of Likewise, play a key leadership role at Likewise, and have a significant impact on our business. You will lead the design team in building top notch user experiences across all platforms following user-centered design best practices. You will work collaboratively with developers, product managers, marketers, as well as the rest of the company’s leadership and board of directors.
- Continuously improve customer retention by increasing engagement demonstrated through user completion of core actions in-app
- Audit all UI/UX for consistency and polish, identify UX areas that can drive engagement, and develop a prioritized plan for implementation
- Implement an improved, consistent design review process, resulting in quicker design handoffs and better communication throughout the product definition and delivery cycle
- Evaluate, mentor, & develop designers, identifying areas for improvement in both hard and soft skills and creating plans for professional development
- Contribute to daily design work, including framing problems, facilitating & summarizing user research, creating user flows, and generating low- and high-fidelity designs
- Champion design best practices with buy-in from stakeholders
- A minimum of 8 years of UX Design, including designing experiences for consumer tech products and a minimum of 2 years managing teams
- Strong, confident leadership and communication style, with a proven track record of championing great ideas and driving decision-making
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Deep understanding of cognitive and social psychology of user-centered design
- Ability to communicate complex, interaction design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience leading UX for consumer products from idea through launch
- Demonstrated project management skills, creating project plans and leading project teams to successful launches
- Strong understanding of and experience with UI and UX (design, wireframes, mockups, information architecture, user flows)
Located in downtown Bellevue, close to restaurants, shopping, parks and transit, we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package including stock options, health care where we pay 100% of employee premiums, 401(k) plan, commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a culture that’s team-based, open, casual and fun. If you’re looking for a rare opportunity to be a part of an innovative, exciting company and become a key member on our team, join us!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.