Developer - Big Data Analyst
Launched in October 2018, the Likewise app is a fun, social and incredibly useful way for people to discover, curate, and share recommendations on dining, travel, movies, TV shows, books, podcasts and more. Likewise helps people quickly find recommendations from their friends, family, and trusted sources.
Imagined (and funded) by Bill Gates’ private office, Likewise is a true early-stage startup poised for high growth in 2019. Come be part of the fun!
With the Likewise app launched, we’re ready to expand the platform with robust, accessible data to help users make informed decisions as they utilize our recommendations. As Big Data Analyst, your job will be to automate the collection, organization, and analysis of data from various data sources. You will also help convert unstructured data into structured data to support modeling of Machine Learning algorithms. Our tech stack includes Node.js, and MongoDB. We’re a fast-paced, agile environment and a test-driven culture, which means we iterate constantly, and ship frequently!
- Develop and implement software systems that facilitate and automate data gathering, cleaning and aggregation
- Build processes to monitor data sources to ingest changes real-time
- Conduct quantitative analysis, find patterns in the chaos, identify trends and opportunities in the data, and provide reporting and strategic recommendations
- Integrate unstructured data with our existing internal data system
- Automate the extraction of unstructured data from websites, blogs, social media, and partner data sources
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- A minimum of 2 years of big data development using MongoDB, converting unstructured data to structured data
- Experience developing and implementing ETL architecture with large, complex data sets
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills
- Experience with HTTP programming, HTML parsing, DOM parsing, and vertical aggregation preferred
- Agile/SCRUM experience
- Experience with Azure is a plus
Located in downtown Bellevue, close to restaurants, shopping, parks and transit, we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package including stock options, health care where we pay 100% of employee premiums, 401(k) plan, commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a culture that’s team-based, open, casual and fun. If you’re looking for a rare opportunity to be a part of an innovative, exciting company and become a key member on our team, join us!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.